A tool for complying with the Feed Hygiene Regulation, which:
- Encourages the development of systems to good practice for hygiene
- Requires the application of HACCP principles
- Positive dynamic interaction with chain partners
WHAT DOES FAMI-QS MEAN?
- FAMI-QS is a derivation of European Feed Additives and Premixtures Quality System.
- FAMI-QS code of practice bases itself on a Quality Management System. The certificate guarantees the implementation of the requirements for feed hygiene in animal nutrition as laid down in Regulation (EC) No. 183/2005.
- The European Regulation on Feed Hygiene (183/2005) sets up hygiene and safety requirements for the whole feed chain- this includes feed additives and premixtures. This Regulation also PROMOTES the establishment of codes of practice in the feed chain. Therefore the feed additive industry has decided to establish a code of practice covering feed additives and premixtures (as defined in Regulation 1831/2003/EC on additives for use in animal nutrition).
- This code is the FAMI-QS Code of Practice for Feed Additive and Premixture Operators. A parallel and independent certification system has been developed by FAMI-QS Asbl. Participation in the FAMI-QS auditable system is based on voluntary commitment.
- The FAMI-QS Code is certified by independent certification bodies, and run by the FAMI-QS Asbl association.
- FAMI-QS Asbl is the Feed Additive and Premixture Quality System European Association.
- All companies which manufacture or trade feed additives and/or premixtures.
- 1)SUPPLIERS and initial manufacturers of Feed Additives/Pre-mixes to EU operators.
- 2) Producers and traders of feed additives and feed premixtures according to Regulation (EC) 1831/2003.